The "Scene" typically refers to a hardxcore or emocore subculture where fashion and physical appearance are held in higher regard than the actual music itself. So closely related to fashioncore that the two terms are interchangable in most scenarios.
The scene is a slap in the face to real musicians. The contention of the scene is that it's basically cool to be a poser.
Characteristics that scene kids usually have:
- pretend to be guitarists when all they're likely able to play are open/power/barre chords
- hair that's long in the front and short in the back (e.g. a devilock or emo hair)
- overly-tight pants. the scene guys usually wear misses size womens pants.
- overly-tight shirts with the name of the crappiest/most obscure band you can find. also wear "vintage" shirts that are bought from ebay or thrift stores (e.g. a shirt from a rolling stones concert in the 1970's while the kid wearing it was born in the 1980's).
- lots of facial piercings... gauged ears (usually 0g or more), septum piercing, double lip piercings (snake bites), labret piercing, etc.
Scene and emo need to die.
Prices shown in USD.
הקלידו את כתובת האימייל שלכם למטה כדי לקבל בחינם את מילת היום של המילון האורבני כל בוקר!
אימיילים נשלחים מהכתובת firstname.lastname@example.org. לעולם לא נשלח לכם דואר זבל.